The Value of What We Do
Fixed Cost Tolling
Steamboat Fuels has a unique business plan, in that we operate under a tolling arrangement:
The tolling arrangement is very beneficial to the Client. It provides cost certainty with respect to refining costs and eliminates capital outlays that would otherwise be incurred. Further, our facility is designed to run virtually all types of animal fats and vegetable oils, either separately or mixed.
Diagram source: Haldor Topsoe
Renewable Diesel: Premium Quality Fuel
Renewable Diesel is premium quality fuel that is the result of refining low carbon sustainable materials such as vegetable oils and animal fats via a hydro-processing process. Advantages include:
- Cetane rating of approximately 80.
- 85% less Sulphur than conventional diesel.
- “Drop in” quality. Compatible with all diesel engines.
- Can be mixed with petroleum diesel or biodiesel to improve fuel quality.
- Up to 80% lower lifecycle emissions compared to petroleum diesel.
- Cleaner fuel results in longer engine life.
- Can be stored for long periods of time with no deterioration of quality.
- Odor free, which means it is less harmful to drivers, handlers and the environment.
- Carbon intensity is 50-80% lower than conventional diesel.